Browsing All Posts filed under »Community«

Helping the Homeless in Rockford, Ill.

March 31, 2014

So my sister posted a comment on Facebook, asking me what I thought about an article posted on ThinkProgress.com called “City Demands Church Stop Sheltering The Homeless“. Basically, it explains how the Apostolic Pentecostal Church of Rockford, Ill has been ordered by city officials to stop providing shelter to homeless individuals. Not that they are providing […]

“Because You Ask Wrongly”

March 18, 2014

I will be preaching through James 4:1-3 at CrossRoads Church and The Gospel Rescue Mission Men’s Center this Sunday. Three short verses that have continued to both wreck and bring unimaginable joy to me over the last 48 hours. In the event you are not aware, I am studying and training to stand up as a teacher of […]

Speaking at the Gospel Rescue Mission

March 14, 2014

I feel called to be a pastor and I am still “finding my legs” with the details of the job. As part of pursuing my call, and determining if it is the will of God, I’ve accepted an invitation to come and speak at the mission once per month. In my “Preaching/Teaching” training through my […]

The Right to Refuse Service?

February 22, 2014

Serv-ice /ˈsərvis/ 1. the action of helping or doing work for someone. The mainstream media, celebrity pundits, and politicians are once again making a mockery of my faith. Make no mistake, I am not surprised. I almost did not write this post due to the fact it will not make a bit of difference in […]

“You’re Not Enough” vs “I’m Not Enough”

February 14, 2014

This blog post is available as an MP3. Click here to download file or click here to listen on Spreaker.com. Last night I spent some time speaking to the men at the Gospel Rescue Mission Men’s Center here in Tucson, AZ.  I am fortunate enough to be on the schedule the second Thursday of each […]

One Body With Many Parts

February 7, 2014

I’ve been involved with local church leadership here in Tucson, AZ since 2008 and for a little more than two years now, I’ve been engaged in the process of finding my teaching voice as a leader in a local church. I remember, not too long ago, sitting in an elder meeting making the statement “I […]

Communication Frequency

September 24, 2013

Recently, I ‘retweeted’ a Corrie ten Boom quote that struck a chord deep inside of me: “Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire?” I often feel that I do not pray enough. I pray with my wife before we share a meal, I pray with her before she leaves the house in the […]

Honor Roll: “Flack – Roppo – Selinsky” (Encouragers)

September 23, 2013

This morning on the Daley Honor Roll, I took some time to think about my young and rambunctious days of roaming the halls at James Monroe High School in North Hills, CA.  Considering that my 30 year HS reunion was last month, that took some effort and focus on my part. I found myself missing […]

My Latest Attempt To Share My Thoughts

September 19, 2013

So I try to broadcast (live podcast) twice a week. On Mondays, I speak about a person from my past who has had a positive impact on my life to help me discover and become the man I want to be. On Wednesdays, I want to speak about my passion to help men pursue living […]

Daley Honor Roll: James W. Vititoe (Hero)

September 2, 2013

This morning, I posted a new podcast for The Daley Honor Roll on Spreaker.com (click here to listen in separate browser window). I spoke about an old friend named James W. Vititoe, who was my employer from early 1993 until late 1999. In 1993, I was going through a rough time as a single father […]

The Christian Tech-Nerd

-Reviews, Advice & News For All Things Tech and Gadget Related-

Fashion. Jesus.

Not in that order.

A Bodey in Motion

Building momentum, one step at a time

Confessions of a Regenerated Heart

Anyone can modify their behavior..Only God can regenerate a heart

Yves Johnson Ministries

Helping Christians Grow Stronger in Christ

Life in Black & White: My Broken Hip

Articles about life, love, ministry, family...and anything else that comes to mind.